Plumbworld launches first design scholarship

Plumbworld has launched its first ever Plumbworld Design Scholarship 2017.

The scholarship will be open to first, second and third year students studying product design, industrial design or 3D design.

To qualify, students must be enrolled at an accredited university during 2016. Students registered at a university outside of the UK are also welcome to apply, but must be on an equivalent accredited course.

Plumbworld says it hopes to repeat the scholarship annually if this first year proves successful.

The selected candidate will have their design entered into an online poll and will be awarded £5,000 towards university tuition, as well as the chance for their product to be manufactured and sold on the Plumbworld website.

This year’s requirement is to design a complete bathroom suite. It must include a matching toilet, sink and bath and entries are limited to one per person. Entrants must submit eight to 10 images of their finished product and drawings or 3D CAD models will also need to be submitted.

Plumbworld training and development manager Anthony Langston said: “The Plumbworld Design Scholarship is a great opportunity for students to gain an invaluable boost to their chances of breaking into the product design profession. As a design-led consumer business, the board at Plumbworld have recognised the need to cultivate product design talent in the bathroom sector.”

Submissions must be completed by November 30 2016 and the successful candidate will be notified by January 1 2017.

Home > News > Plumbworld launches first design scholarship