The Marble & Granite Centre Ltd is one of the UK’s leading wholesalers of marble, granite, slate and stone random slabs to trade customers. As part of our plans for growth, we are now looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to promote an exciting new and unique product, Lapitec, to our extended client base, and to develop brand awareness in both current and new markets. This role is a mixture of account management and brand development where you will be expected to grow existing and generate new business.
We are based in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire (just inside the M25). Initially, you will have a remit to grow the Lapitec business nationwide, with the expectation that over time you will narrow the region you cover.
We are a family owned business, established in 1993, though four generations have worked in the industry.
“We are the best at what we do – providing excellent quality material at a competitive price. Our level of service is second to none”
- You will be responsible for developing both new and existing relationships with retail and commercial kitchen and bathroom studios and specifiers.
- You will work closely with our client base to understand their future business projections and talk confidently about the product.You will actively promote the product website, and both provide and update marketing information and material samples to clients.
- You will provide product training to clients to improve their understanding of the material and assist in marketing to the end users as required
- You will develop a clear strategy for product and market penetration for each individual client, and be responsive to any enquiries and requests.
- Reporting to the MD/GM, you will be required to and produce reports and forecast on future business.
- You will attend trade shows and exhibitions as relevant to the role and the market.
- You will liaise with other BDMs, Marketing, sales colleagues and customers
What we are looking for:
- Educated to Degree Level
- A demonstrable track record of successful selling and a strong market knowledge of the kitchen and bathroom sector.
- Drive and Enthusiasm combined with a strategic and logical approach to your work.
- You will have strong negotiation and persuasive skills combined with the ability to secure specification orders.
- A clean, current driving license and willing to travel as a constituent of the role (the role is field based)
Training on our product range & customer base will be provided.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter explaining their motivations for applying, along with their CV.
Please apply by email to email@example.com. Please note The Marble & Granite Centre does not have the resources to send individual notifications to all applicants who are not shortlisted so if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, you should assume you have been unsuccessful.