The KBSA has hailed the 2017 AGM Conference and Networking Dinner as the best one ever, as a record number of retailers attended the event – held at the Welcombe Hotel, Stratford upon Avon.
More than 120 delegates attended, with 43 retailers enjoying an exclusive dinner the night before, which included two presentations from corporate sponsors Blum and Neff.
Other new additions to this year’s programme included a number of business briefing sessions and workshops covering key topics, such as legal services, insurance, social media, digital services and PR.
The ‘Meet the Corporate’ initiative was repeated with key sponsors Britannia, Clear/QANW, Cosentino, Whirlpool, Omega and PWS on hand to meet retailers.
National chair Richard Hibbert said that the KBSA had taken on board feedback from last year to make the changes and present a new format and features to benefit retailers.
Uwe Hanneck, acting KBSA CEO, presented the future strategy of the KBSA, reinforcing the association’s commitment to improving benefits and bringing on board new members. “We have a clear mission to work ‘Better Together’ and be a powerful and legitimate voice for the sector,” he said. “We are on track to achieve these goals and confirm our position as the only trade association to support and represent the independent KBB retailers.”
The KBSA also announced the winners of its annual awards at a networking dinner following the conference:
- The Customer Service Award for 2017, sponsored by Britannia, went to retail member, Denmore Kitchens and Bathrooms of Aberdeen.
- Winner of the Kitchen Designer of the Year (Under £30k), sponsored by Omega, was Belinda Dangerfield, from Qudaus Living in Sutton Coldfield.
- Winner of the Kitchen Designer of the Year (Over £30k), sponsored by Neff, was Dan Stronge of Jones Britain in Heathfield, East Sussex.
- Winner of the Bathroom Designer of the Year, sponsored by Cosentino, was Gayle Bond from Ream in Kent.
- Winner of the Young Designer of the Year, sponsored by Whirlpool, was Jenna Milne of Denmore Kitchens and Bathrooms.
- Winner of the Kitchen Concept Designer of the Year, sponsored by Blum, was Laura Baxter of Kitchens International in Scotland.
- Meanwhile, the 2017 KBSA Supplier of the Year Award, sponsored by Clear Insurance Management and QANW, went to BSH.
Pictured top: Left to right: AGM speakers Richard Hibbert KBSA national chair, Michael Holmes, KBSA acting CEO Uwe Hanneck, Richard Askam and keynote speaker and former England rugby head coach Sir Clive Woodward