We are a well-established Kitchen/ bedroom furniture manufacturing company, with the additional ability to produce one off items for use within our specialist development company’s projects. We are based in a convenient well serviced area of Trafford Park and provide all the furniture requirements for our own developments and clients throughout the UK.
The Company is looking for a suitable candidate that can manage and lead this department and can bring his/her previous experience to raise the productivity/efficiency throughout the department.
Due to recent a retirement we would ideally like to place someone in the role as soon as possible. The position will suit a dynamic person who is looking for a challenge and has the experience, skill and personality to help create new methods of working and motivate the workshop and team.
The 25,000 sqft workshop has state of the art CNC drilling, cutting and edging facilities and a large spray shop. The department currently employing a team of 8 within the workshop, 3 fully employed fitters and 2 office admin. The production output is an average of 120 kitchens per annum with wardrobes and other add on’s serviced to order requirements. The designs are undertaken by the inhouse designers of the development company.
An advantage for the applicant would be experience in a similar position with a min of 2 years in the post and have a working knowledge of Product Planner our main workshop software, and/or an ability in any reporting manufacturing software they may have used.
The candidate will be responsible for the management of all team members of staff and the day to day running of the factory as follows:
- Daily job distribution and status monitoring progress through the workshop and matching this with delivery/ fitting dates to match the development programme set for each site.
- Monitoring and ensuring Health and Safety regime upon the workshop floor and fitters’ equipment, planned maintenance of services and equipment within the workshop and delivery vehicles etc. and keeping records of all.
- Maintaining and increasing quality control.
- Ensuring the reporting systems between sites and fitters is maintained in regard to missing or damaged items and providing weekly or monthly reports to highlight sites that are showing high incidence of faults or missing/stolen items so action can be taken.
- High knowledge of computer literacy and other possible systems they have used in providing reports on furniture item costings, maximise on productivity levels, return on cost.
- An understanding of financial information reporting to discuss explore how to maximise revenue streams and secondary spend with the department.
- Stock control procedures and monitoring of stock /use/ordering the running of a monthly stock take on the shop floor
- An overall knowledge of the workings of machinery and tools to ensure that any down time is kept to a minimum.
- Working with the customer care team where a furniture complaint is involved
The role will involve taking responsibility for managing all aspects of the end-to-end manufacturing process within the factory. The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-moving manufacturing environment, have strong leadership qualities and motivational skills. Can respond flexibly to change and an ability to work to strong deadlines.
Knowledge of Beam Saws, Edge Band, CNC Machinery, Routers and Drills and a background in furniture manufacturing would be advantageous; along with the ability to effectively communicate tasks and allocate the work schedule to the factory staff. Prioritise workflow and be able to action instructions provided by senior management.
Company car provided
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: “Commensurate with experience”
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Petrol allowance when visiting sites.
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday 07:30 – 16:30 pm
- Overtime where deemed necessary
We are fully Covid 19 compliance updating and following all government requirements.
Our Health and Safety record of inspections carried out by independent inspectors is an average of 95% compliant
- Similar Management Position: 2 years (Preferred)
Please apply to:
Board Directors PA