September 13, 2021
A vacancy has arisen within the Retail New Business Team for a Business Development Manager covering the Midlands/South West area. The ideal candidate must live within the area, ideally around West Midlands M5/M42 – South West M5/M4 Junction area.
As a Business Development Manager you will have previous experience of working within the industry and be able to demonstrate a proven track record in sales.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Developing new business and partnerships through new and existing customer accounts (Kitchen/Bedroom specialists, Bathroom Retailers, Builders/Timber/Plumbers Merchants).
- Achieving the sales and margin targets for kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms for the territory.
- Identifying and targeting new potential accounts within the overall objectives for the territory for kitchen, bedroom and bathroom development.
- Account management, including maintaining accurate records on current and potential customers.
- Monitoring and updating customer displays and merchandising on an ongoing basis.
- Working closely with the National Business Development Manager and other members of the team on specific projects.
As part of the role you will have full responsibility for the development of the area, seeking new opportunities to increase our market share and providing a high level of service.
You must have:
- Proven success in the kitchen industry and as a sales person.
- Knowledge of the industry, company’s terms of trading, range of manufactured and bought out products and all major competitors.
- Excellent communication, organisational and numerical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Have the confidence and ability to make and take decisions.
You must be:
- Able to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Self-motivated and willing to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Able to work under pressure and own initiative to maintain deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Personally presentable at all times.
- Able to travel regularly around the region and other parts of the UK, including overnight stays.
- Enjoy building and developing new relationships and opportunities.
Symphony is the leading supplier of fitted kitchens and bedrooms for new build homes with a market share of over 50%. They supply leading housebuilders such as Barratt and Taylor Wimpey, as well as developers of inner city high rise projects and social housing providers where a diverse product range and outstanding service sets Symphony apart. Their investment in the largest field-based team in the industry, along with outstanding manufacturing capabilities, delivery process and after-sales service means they have built strong long-term relationships with their customers.
This position will be rewarded with a competitive salary. In order for your application to be taken further please state your required salary. If you would like to join the Symphony team please send your CV and covering letter quoting VO5170 to [email protected]
Have something to say? Email the editor