Website Sigma 3 Kitchens
Leading British kitchen manufacturer and retailer.
Sigma 3 (Kitchens) Ltd – Established in 1975, Sigma 3 is a leading manufacturer and retailer of quality kitchens and bedrooms with 6 showrooms across Wales & England. We pride ourselves on our reputation for excellent quality products and service as well as our close relationships with customers.
We are looking for technically adept Installation Managers with the ability to work cooperatively with installers in the field and sales teams within the showroom. The abilities to solve technical issues, improve efficiencies and levels of customer service are vital as is the requirement to quickly develop your product and systems knowledge.
We are aiming for significant growth from our showrooms in the next few years and we expect the Installation Manager to be able to manage a variety of complex situations simultaneously to help us achieve our goals.
A realistic opportunity to earn an OTE of between £30k and £35k plus a discretionary profit related bonus paid annually.
The Showroom Branch Principal
Key attributes required for the role:
· Team Player – We are looking for an individual who can form excellent working relationships with other members of the Retail team and command the respect of the team of subcontractors.
· Work Ethic – We expect our Installation Managers to have a strong work ethic and influence the culture and work ethic of the team through example. This is not a 9-5 role! We expect Installation Managers to exceed their objectives and regularly deliver over and above the expectations.
· Pace/ Intensity – we are looking for individuals who increase the pace and intensity of the team they work with. We expect our Installation Managers to work to deadlines and beat them.
· Personal Responsibility – we are looking for individuals who will accept a personal responsibility for delivering exceptional customer service and the team’s success or failure in achieving this. The Installation Manager will have a proven understanding of customer service and what good customer service looks like in a project-based sales environment and the ability to understand and empathise with our retail customer requirements.
· High Standards / Attention to Detail – we are looking for an individual with very high standards and a meticulous eye for detail with an intellect to digest and learn a broad range of product information. The Installation Manager should then leverage these standards through the rest of the team. This is particularly important in documentation, customer service and communication.
· Technical Skills – the successful applicant will need to show the ability to understand, and then explain the technical elements of the product and service and systems. Installation experience preferably gained within the kitchen/bedroom industries is essential. We will help with training but we are looking for an individual who prides himself/ herself on being highly knowledgeable.
· IT Skills – Strong IT skills are crucial to this role. We require our Installation Managers to use various systems and to work at pace with accuracy.
· Fast Learner – we are looking for candidates who can learn fast and learn on the job. Understanding is key as we would expect the Installation Manager to be able to explain complex and new solutions to both the customer and the subcontract team.
· Interpersonal Skills – we are looking for individuals that have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal people at different levels both within the Company and outside. A passion for improving the customer experience and the ability to see things from the customer perspective is very important.
· Strong Values/ Ethics – as a family business it is very important that we treat our Customers, Colleagues and Suppliers correctly. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate these traits.
· Be responsible for the Health and Safety of customers and installation partners in the customer’s home, applying all company procedures where appropriate.
· Effectively and efficiently manage the scheduling, coordinating and planning of installation, painting teams and stone mason teams for customer projects at each phase of installation to ensure projects run on time and are problem free.
· Hold responsibility for all parts of installation from survey to completion to the complete satisfaction of our customers.
· Form effective relationships with both our Retail customers and our fitters.
· Ensure that installation service levels meet the Company’s requirements.
· Work to tight deadlines and communicate updates to all interested parties.
· Exceed their objectives and regularly deliver over and above the expectations that are set.
· Where necessary recruit new fitting teams to ensure we have the installation capacity to meet the customer and business needs.
· Organisation and coordination of labour and materials for each phase of the installation.
· Working closely with installation and finishing teams, communicating, managing and scheduling their diaries to attend and complete each phase of installation to ensure projects run on-time and to schedule.
· Overseeing, reporting progress and recording data from site, Monday – Friday and reporting back to the Branch Principal.
· Support installations and finishing teams with any incoming queries or issues, providing timely and effective resolutions.
· Overseeing high standards and addressing snagging issues in a proactive and resourceful way to ensure swift resolution.
· Operating fully within an agreed budget, and if not provide justification and evidence of the variation to the Branch Principal.
· Implementing and continually reviewing procedures to ensure smooth running of installation projects.
· Accurately managing and updating client folders with real-time project information within the internal server database.
· Comply with management communications and reporting as requested.
· Schedule installation surveys and sign-offs.
· Regularly communicate with Project Managers, Design teams, Production, Fitters/Painters, Stone Masons, and Accounts team.
· Take an active role within the continuous improvement of Company processes.
· Schedule, book and manage all travel arrangements including accommodation and parking at client projects.
· Work with the Accounts team to coordinate, plan and record all accommodation and travel expenditure.
· Attend regular training modules on learning HQ as and when required and complete the necessary tests to the required standard.
· Examples of the key attributes outlined above
· A proven and experienced problem solver with a ‘can do’ approach
· Experience of CAD Design is a positive advantage
· Strong numeracy, literacy and IT skills
· Full UK driving licence
· The rare opportunity to work for the largest manufacturer of kitchens in Wales with an enviable reputation for quality and service built over 45 years of trading. We have exciting plans to take this well-established business to new levels.
· This job offers the perfect opportunity not only for existing Installation Managers but also for fitters who want to get ‘off the tools’ to join one of the Country’s most respected and leading kitchen manufacturers.
· This is NOT just a job – it’s a career development opportunity within an established team and to be a part of Company growth plans.
✓ Competitive basic salary of £25,000 – £30,000 (depending on skills and experience)
✓ A realistic opportunity to earn an OTE of between £30k and £35k plus a discretionary profit related bonus paid annually (subject to Company, Showroom and Individual Performance).
✓ Benefits package
✓ The opportunity to gain strong experience with a market leading name in South Wales.
✓ Minimum 20 days holiday
✓ PHI (this is an incapacity benefit)
✓ Life insurance
✓ Job security – The staff-retention rate of the company is excellent.
Apply in writing with a CV to Geoff Moore, HR Manager or e-mail your application to