In this episode we’re looking at a vital area of kitchen and bathroom design that perhaps doesn’t get discussed as much as it should – lighting.
Get it right and it can lift your designs up, get it wrong and it can flatten them like a pancake.
We went over to the John Cullen Lighting showroom on the Kings Road in Chelsea to meet up with their design director Luke Thomas and Helen Fewster from Suna Interior Design.
We talk about:
- Where lighting should fit in your design process
- What the biggest mistakes are in kitchen and bathroom lighting
- How lighting can affect the colours and finishes you use
- How lighting needs to change through the day
- What the best tips are for understanding technical developments
- How to persuade clients not to cut lighting to save costs
If you want to let me know what you thing about lighting design, or indeed anything else you hear on any of these podcasts, you can email us directly on [email protected] – I’d love to hear from you.
Equally please don’t forget to subscribe to us wherever you get your podcasts as it means you won’t miss any episodes and please rate and review us too.
The Kitchen & Bathroom Design Podcast is brought to you with the help of our very good friends at kbb Birmingham 2020. It’s on from March 2-4 2020, find out more about the show at www.kbb.co.uk