The finalists for the SBID (Society of British and International Design) International Design Awards 2020 have been announced, as well as the finalists for the newly founded SBID Product Design Awards.
The finalists for were shortlisted by the technical panel and international jury, which consists of professionals in the design and interiors industry. The judging process is now down to the public vote stage. This will close on 30 September, and the winners will be announced on 23 October.
The Design Awards cover a host of categories ranging from restaurant design to retail to residential houses over £1 million and hotel design. While the Product Design Awards – new for 2020 – covers categories including accessories, bathroom products, brassware, cabinetry and joinery, flooring and floor coverings, kitchen product, lighting, sanitaryware and surfaces and finishes.
This year SBID received entries from 49 countries, including the UK, Switzerland, Malaysia, China and Egypt, to Japan, Denmark, Indonesia, Brazil, and Australia.
Founder and CEO of SBID, Dr Vanessa Brady OBE said: “Business has been disrupted for many during the pandemic, but I’m pleased to confirm that the interior design practice has remained relatively steady. The SBID Awards received submissions from more countries this year than in any other year, demonstrating the strength of SBID and the industry as a whole.
“We are thrilled to be the award that designers across the profession want to win and for that, we are particularly proud and honoured, as an interior design body for trading standards, to continue showcasing the world’s best interiors and product designs during these difficult days.”
With ten finalists – including Pippa Paton, winner of the Kitchen Designer of the Year: project cost over £50,000 category at the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards 2020 – the UK dominated the KBB Design category.
The full KBB Design shortlist is:
- Belgravia Apartment by Harriet Hughes Interior Design
- Berkshire by Barclay Interiors and Bulthaup
- Cardrona Views by Mal Corboy Design
- Cashmere by German Kitchens
- Cotswold Manor Bedroom & Bathroom by Pippa Paton Design
- Exeter Villa by In Ex Design
- Northern Lights, Lytham by Lewis Alderson & Co
- Old Kings College by Lanserring
- Papahia Kitchen by Cronin Kitchens
- Park Road by Project One
- Porsche Kitchen, Ghana by Poggenpohl
- Queenstown Kitchen by Cronin Kitchens
- Residence 64 by Detail by Davinia Sutton
- Surrey Country House by Penelope Allen Design
- The Devil is in the Detail by Minosa
- The Rise by Ress Construction & Engineering Group
- Victoria Square, Kitchen by Project One
Finalists in the KBB Product Design categories include the Arysto X by Merlyn; Smart Quiz shower trays by Acquabella; Grohe’s Icon 3D tap; Dekton Slim surface by Cosentino, Mereway’s Q-Line kitchen and Smeg’s Dolce Stil Novo oven collection. For the full list of finalists visit sbidproductdesignawards.com.