Successful businesses and industries are always looking for fresh, new, creative talent.
These rising stars often drive companies to innovate and embrace new practices and technologies and, guided by experienced hands, they can grow into valuable team members or even the next generation of business leaders.
The development of this pool of new, young talent is so important to the future of the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom retail sector and this is why kbbreview is introducing its ‘Rising Stars’ award as part of the Save Our Skills campaign.
And, as with the Save Our Skills, the Rising Stars Award is sponsored by Quooker.
Every month between July 2021 and February 2022, we will choose a Rising Star to feature on our kbbreview newsletter.
Then, from that shortlist, we will choose one to be our overall Rising Star 2022 and they will be revealed at the kbbreview Retail & Design Awards 2022 ceremony in Birmingham.
So we need YOU to tell us who your Rising Star is – who are the members of your team that you believe stand out as a star of the future in this industry?
There are only two rules:
1) They must be currently employed by a retailer – defined as a company that sells direct to the consumer.
2) They must be under 30 years of age on March 7th, 2022. Other than that they can perform any job role within your business – admin, design, sales, finance, installation, we don’t mind as long as they’re a star.
You can nominate up to THREE people, and you must send us:
- A clear high resolution picture of them (one taken with your phone on normal settings is fine)
- Their full name and job title
- Up to 200 words telling us why they’re your Rising Star
- Your full name and job title
And that’s all you need to do.
This is a fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of your business and the talent within it. It’s a great chance to let your people know how much you value them and believe in their contribution.
It’s also a way of demonstrating to the wider industry just what can be achieved if you take the time to nuture raw talent.
Send your nominations to [email protected]