A new, exciting opportunity to join a leading, international bathroom manufacturer as an experienced Specification Executive.
This role will be of interest to someone with over 2 years’ experience in the bathroom industry who enjoys working with architects and designers. A thorough understanding of the procurement process from specification through to delivery is essential.
As the Specification Executive, you will be responsible for assisting a broad range of clients including Architects and Designers, dealing with project related enquiries and helping to convert these enquiries into inspirational designs and detailed product specifications.
The role will be based at the flagship Showroom in Clerkenwell and the primary function is to work with Architects, Designers and consumers to help them create detailed specifications for projects and contracts. This may also occasionally involve organizing and attending meetings at architectural practices.
You will report to the Showroom Manager and as part of the showroom team, the job holder will also support the events programme and undertake relevant administrative tasks.
You will also work closely with the Specifications Manager, collating information about visitors and taking basic information from new walk-in clients in addition to owning specific projects.
Your proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude will be essential to bring, generate and develop strong commercial relationships with clients. You will need to provide excellent technical support and product expertise.
This will be a varied role, at times you could be working independently and sometimes as part of a broader sales and marketing team.
Additional responsibilities include:
● Welcoming visitors to the showroom and ensuring a professional and friendly welcome is always received
● Maintaining showroom standards
● Supporting the events and exhibition programme
● Updating the CRM system with relevant client information and daily activity.
● Undertaking daily key holder responsibilities, in the absence of the showroom manager, and basic facilities management when required, e.g. calling out maintenance people
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
● Design – design flair and experience in using relevant CAD based design packages
● Exceptional knowledge of the bathroom industry. Your product expertise and understanding of the commercial washroom and bathroom sector will be outstanding as you strive to be the ‘go-to-person’ for technical information within the showroom environment.
● An understanding of the procurement process from specification to delivery is essential as will adherence to compliance processes as directed by the Specification Manager and experience of supply and fit.
● Brilliant communicator. You must be able to write clear, concise specifications that demonstrate your understanding of the client requirements. Your attention to detail is exceptional and you can articulate your ideas beautifully both verbally and on email.
● Enthusiastic and hands on – this is a busy, fast-paced company and the showroom reflects this culture. We need someone who is always happy to help, is not afraid to get their hands dirty and has a genuine interest in meeting people.
● Attention to Detail. You must have fabulous eye for detail, with an analytical and methodical approach. Excellent time management will also be key as this will be a busy role.
● Acting on your own initiative and anticipating future needs is important as is the ability to generate solutions and actions. Proactive contact with clients and following up opportunities and logging progress on the CRM will be essential.
● Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products (with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and can complete accurate data mining from the various customer data bases including BarbourABI.
● Marketing experience and solid business knowledge would be useful with an understanding of the principles of B2B marketing.
If you are looking for a new challenge and this role excites you, please send your CV, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us to [email protected] .