Mark Taylor Design sponsors kitchen degree student

British furniture manufacturer and interiors business Mark Taylor Design has shown its support for the Foundation Degree Course in Kitchen Design at Buckinghamshire New University by sponsoring a student.

In conjunction with TKET, the company is co-sponsoring student Ben Paddon’s (pictured left) course fees for the degree.

The company has also employed Paddon as a trainee designer at its Buckinghamshire headquarters, where he works closely with the team three days a week alongside his studies.

Qualified engineer Paddon already has a BA in Furniture Design and Craft and was able to join the second year of the three-year course in September due to his existing qualifications and experience.

Mark Taylor (pictured right) said: “We’re delighted to be championing the kitchen industry’s quest to raise standards among the next generation of designers by working with Ben and supporting him through his degree. All the team at Mark Taylor Design are relishing the opportunity to share our unprecedented knowledge and experience of creating bespoke furniture and interiors with him. In turn, he brings some great ideas to us.”

TKET chairman Craig Matson added: “Ben has a great background with the type of skills the kitchen industry requires. Helping put him through the course enables him to transition into his role at Mark Taylor Design and also gives him a solid foundation from which to build a career in the industry.”

Paddon will graduate in 2018 and work for Mark Taylor Design as a qualified designer. He said: “I really enjoy creative problem solving and the course really encourages you to look further at ways in which design is constantly changing and evolving so that it works alongside the time we live in.”

Home > News > Mark Taylor Design sponsors kitchen degree student